Exonerated individuals can request a cash grant for an emergency situation. If you need to pay a utility or other bill, if you need to see a dentist or doctor, if you are having trouble paying rent–you may be eligible for a Pruno Fund grant of up to $1,000 per 12-month period.
* Exonerated individual, a person that has been wrongfully convicted and released from incarceration due to actual innocence
* Have NOT received a compensation award OR received less than $100,000 over 1 year ago
* Have NOT previously received a Pruno Fund grant in the past 12 months totaling morethan$1,000
To apply, you will need:
* Name & contact information, including mailing address, phone number & email address, for the applicant
* Applicant’s social security number
* Information regarding the applicant’s exoneration including innocence project or attorney contact
* It is also helpful to have any supporting documents ready to upload. These let us know what you need the grant for and who to pay. It can include a picture or PDF or a bill, rental agreement, or written estimate of costs from the provider. All grants will be provided directly to the service provider.
To apply, please complete our online application. We will review your application and notify you of our decision within 3 business days* of a complete application. *Please note that due to ongoing COVID-19 issues, responses may take longer than 3 days. Thank you for your patience.