Welcome to the Pruno Fund’s Speakers Bureau!
We’re thrilled that you want to take part in this journey that inspires, motivates, uplifts, and leads. Your ability to talk about your experiences will serve as an example for us all.
The Speakers Bureau is our way of getting your story out to the right audience. You’ll work with our trainers to help craft your story. Once you have advanced through the training program, you will receive a certification. And, we’ve provided online training resources to help you hone your public speaking skills.
Here’s What We need to Complete Your Registration:
- Please complete the speakers registration page. Once approved, you will receive an email notification and can now complete your profile. For documentation on the application process download screenshots here.
- Please upload a professional photo and a bio of no more than 500 words. By professional photo, we mean that you should be wearing business attire. We’ve given an example of a bio and photo in case you need it for reference.
- Give us an honest assessment of your speaking level (beginner, intermediate or advanced).
- Please detail for us any previous speaking engagements you’ve had, when they took place, what type of audience, and the number of people in attendance.
- Upload any videos of your speaking at an event, paid or unpaid (which we will edit for brevity). If you have no experience, no worries. You can work with our training team as well as take advantage of the training resources we have on our site to get prepared.
Choose the topics in which you feel that you most want to speak on which can include:
- Other (please indicate topic)
Once you have selected the topics, our trainers can work with you to craft your narrative. If you have not spoken at an event or unsure of your ability to speak before an audience you have two options. The first is to go through one of the online training programs on our site. Once you have received a certificate of completion, we will list you as an available speaker for people hiring speakers. The second option is to work directly with our trainers on developing your public speaking skills. They will assess your public speaking ability and let us know if you’re ready to hit the stage. After you finish one or the other, you will receive a certificate from the Pruno Fund indicating that you are a vetted speaker.
Even if you consider yourself to be an experienced public speaker, we recommend that you take advantage of the additional training resources available on the site, so that you can hone your skills and receive additional certifications. These public speaking courses include reading materials, video training as well as quizzes. Upon completion, you’ll receive a certificate for the training as well as a badge on our site indicating that you have additional speaking certificates.
Once you have registered and completed your profile, you’ll need to make sure that you update it regularly. Our marketing department is working with individuals, organizations and companies nationally to identify paid speaking opportunities for you. These companies and organizations will be able to search our site for speakers whose topics fit within the nature of the event that they are hosting. Once a speaker is selected, those businesses will complete an application indicating that they want to hire you for a speaking engagement. A Pruno representative will contact you and, if you are available and agree to the fee, will negotiate the contract on your behalf. This will also include any transportation, accommodation and per diem costs, if applicable.
Questions? Contact Ginger Campbell.
Documentation and screenshots:
Let’s get started!
Training Resources (registered users only)